Venice Top Property: Spacious Modern in the Silver Triangleby Alex Quaid on May 18, 2012
After the past two weeks being a little slow in terms of new inventory, this week the pace picked back up in Venice. The high end of the market is definitely starting to return as 10 out of the 12 listings that came on this week were over $1 million in asking price. Of course we will see how this new inventory will be absorbed into the market in the coming weeks . . .
My top property this week is this wonderful modern home at 2420 Wilson in the Silver Triangle. The home has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths in just less than 3,000 square feet and was built in 2007. Since I have the privilege of seeing all the modern homes that come on the market in Venice, I tend to get a bit jaded walking into a newly constructed “architectural”. You typically to see the same finishes, the same floor plans, and the same materials in all of them, with little risk taken for fear of losing a potential buyer.
However, this home is really well done. I loved the floor plan. The living space was open, inviting, and felt more like home than most cold, stark moderns. The floor plan upstairs was different as well, but it worked well and was complete with an astoundingly huge master. The finishes warmed up the feeling of the home as well.
At under $650 a square foot, the home is relative bargain for what it is. Most modern homes built in good locations in Venice are selling at $800 a square foot minimum, so I would expect this one to go fast.
The main downside to the property is the lack of a yard. The lot is only 3,600 square feet and although there is a nice patio in front and a roof top deck, there is no yard space to speak of.
The Week in Review: A Look at What’s New and What’s Sold
1. 317 Ocean Front Walk for $3,850,000.
2. 2324 Boone Ave for $3,200,000.
3. 333 Indiana Ave for $3,195,000.
4. 234 Grand Ave for $2,275,000.
5. 1628 Electric Ave for $1,375,000.
6. 3116 Stanford Ave for $1,299,000.
7. 135 Brooks Ave for $1,212,000.
8. 1619 Venice Blvd for $1,200,000.
9. 821 Venezia Ave for $1,090,000.
10. 1053 Nowita Ave for $799,000.
11. 724 San Miguel Ave for $725,000.
1. 46 Wavecrest Ave for $1,300,000.
2. 2305 Padua Pl for $1,140,000.
3. 1028 Palms Blvd for $1,075,000.
4. 925 Superba Ave for $1,050,000.
5. 424 S Venice Blvd #1 for $900,000.
6. 1055 Van Buren Ave for $840,000.
7. 831 Victoria Ave for $750,000.
8. 1836 Washington Way for $712,500.
9. 999 Indiana Ave for $701,800.
If you have any questions about this top property, any of these homes, or the market in general please do not hesitate to contact me.